What we do
The objects for which the Association is established are advancement of education in, and the practice of, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for public benefit, in particular:
- To promote an interchange of knowledge for the advancement of Aesthetic Plastic surgery among suitably qualified surgeons.
- To stimulate training in this aspect of Plastic Surgery among Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and their trainees.
- To ensure that Aesthetic Plastic Surgery remains a recognised and respected discipline.
- To develop and encourage the practice of high standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct among members.
- To establish links with the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthtic Surgeons.
- To advise those who wish to obtain information about Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- To promote better understanding of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery among General Practitioners.
- To disseminate recent information and the results of research to the Members of the Association and the medical profession.