The BAAPS/BAPRAS Fellowship is designed to support post-CCT Trainee Member Plastic Surgeons of BAAPS or BAPRAS wishing to learn skills in Aesthetic Surgery and Medicine.
Fellows will be given the opportunity to assist a senior aesthetic practitioner and their team for a period of 3 months. The Fellowship will comprise the following:
- Exposure to a full range of Aesthetic Surgery including breast, truncal, facial and peri-orbital surgery.
- Fellows will have an opportunity to observe Hair Transplant Surgery and Consultations.
- Aesthetic medicine experience including botulinum toxin and dermal filler procedures.
- The opportunity to participate in outpatient, pre-and postoperative care.
- Protected time given to individual tutorials on various aspects the Aesthetic Surgery syllabus.
- A supervised research project or audit.
The participating Programme Directors are:
- Mr Michael Cadier, Salisbury and South Coast.
- Mr Bryan Mayou, London.
- Professor Neil McLean, Newcastle.
- Mr Muhammad Riaz, Hull and Yorkshire.
- Mr Kenneth Stewart, Edinburgh.
In addition, Dr Greg Williams will provide Fellows with an overview of hair transplant surgery.
Application process: Applicants must have an informal conversation with their chosen programme director who must undertake to support application.
Applicants may apply for to work with Programme Director.
Please note that the application process for this has had to be deferred until late September as it has been decided that the fellowship must include a research element. This needs to be discussed at the BAPRAS September Council meeting. We will re-advertise.
We will hold your application on file and write to you again when the details are finalised. It is anticipated that interviews will be held at the Winter BAPRAS meeting, for fellowships to be taken during 2019.
If you need any assistance, please contact email@example.com