The BAAPS/BAPRAS Fellowship is designed to support post-CCT Trainee Member Plastic Surgeons of BAAPS or BAPRAS wishing to learn skills in Aesthetic Surgery and Medicine.
Fellows will be given the opportunity to assist a senior aesthetic practitioner and their team for a period of 3 months. The Fellowship will comprise the following:
- Exposure to a full range of Aesthetic Surgery including breast, truncal, facial and peri-orbital surgery.
- Fellows will have an opportunity to observe Hair Transplant Surgery and Consultations.
- Aesthetic medicine experience including botulinum toxin and dermal filler procedures.
- The opportunity to participate in outpatient, pre-and postoperative care.
- Protected time given to individual tutorials on various aspects the Aesthetic Surgery syllabus.
- A supervised research project or audit.
Before submitting a formal application, the applicant is asked to liaise with one of the Programme
Directors for the 2019 scheme.
A list of Programme Directors and their administrator’s contact details are available below:
Mr Bryan Mayou, London
Contact: Karen Gill PA, firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 824 5555
Professor Neil McLean, Newcastle
Contact: Hillary Freeman PA, email@example.com / 0191 284 3719
Mr Muhammad Riaz, Hull and Yorkshire
Contact: Gale Bell PA, firstname.lastname@example.org/ 01482 841228
Mr Kenneth Stewart, Edinburgh
Contact: Norma O’Hare PA, Norma.O’Hare@spirehealthcare.com
Mr Mark Henley, Nottingham / Mr Graham Offer, Leicester
Contact: Debbie Keast Private Secretary, Deborah.Keast@spirehealthcare.com
Mr Greg Williams based in Harley Street and Chelsea & Westminster Hospital would be delighted to include a few sessions on hair transplants.
Applicants must have an informal conversation with their chosen programme director who must undertake to support application.
Applicants may apply for to work with Programme Director.
Congratulations to the applicatants for 2019 who were accepted:
- Ernest Azzopardi
- Nakul Kain
- Diaa Othman
- Kian Tan
- James Wokes
To read the application form to apply for 2019/2020, please follow the link below.
Applications and supporting documents should be submitted as one PDF to Elizabeth Andrade—
email@example.com by 5pm on 31 December 2019.
If you need any assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org