Professional Background: Mr Chris Wallace is a substantive Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon based at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital and at Torbay Hospital in South-West England. He is accredited with full memberships of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (BAAPS), British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), Rhinoplasty Society of Europe (RSE), is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (Plastic Surgery) and is named on the GMC Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery (4699389).
Professional Training: Mr Wallace was educated at Tonbridge School, Kent, and the University of Edinburgh Medical School. He qualified in 2000 with Bachelor Degrees in Medicine, Surgery, and in Science with Honours. He was awarded Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2004. His Plastic Surgery training began in Edinburgh and continued in the prestigious Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead. In 2005, he was competitively selected for Microsurgery Fellowship at the renowned Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, where he was personally trained by the world-famous Plastic Surgeon, Professor Fu-Chan Wei, and achieved his Masters degree with medal. He returned to England in 2008 for further Specialist Plastic Surgery training and gained Fellowship to the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Plastic Surgery in 2012. He undertook subspecialist fellowships encompassing complex plastic surgery for face, nose, head and neck, craniofacial and cosmetic surgery. In 2014, Mr Wallace was appointed Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital.
Research and Quality: Mr Wallace is extensively published (>90 peer-reviewed papers; >1200 citations; >15 textbook chapters), lectures internationally, and has won national and international prizes for his work. He serves on several Editorial Boards for Plastic Surgery Journals, and was invited to be a quality outcomes reviewer for “Smile Train”, the world’s largest cleft lip/palate charity.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Interests:
Mr Wallace performs the full spectrum of modern cosmetic surgery, specialising in:
• Breast: augmentation, reduction and uplift (mastopexy)
• Body: tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), fleur-de-lys abdominoplasty, mini-abdominoplasty, liposuction, thigh lift, arm lift (brachioplasty)
• Face: blepharoplasty of upper and lower eyelids (eyelid and eyebag reduction), facelift, necklift, midface lift, browlift, structural facial contouring (fat grafting, facial implants)
• Nose: reshaping the nose by open rhinoplasty, closed rhinoplasty, non-surgical rhinoplasty ("liquid nose job")
• Ears: reshaping the ears, including setback (pinnaplasty)
• Non-Surgical: botulinum toxin and dermal fillers (non-surgical facelift, lip and cheekbone enhancements, non-surgical rhinoplasty)