Abstracts for 2024 will open from
1st March-1 August 2024
Abstract submissions are open from the 1st March 2024 and will close on the 1st August 2024.
Authors who are not members of BAAPS will be asked to create an account first.
If you have been invited to review abstract submissions, then please click here.
Instructions to authors for all oral and poster submissions
- Abstracts must be submitted in English; a maximum of 200 words are allowed.
- All correspondence will be sent to the presenting author at the address given.
- Abstracts must be received no later than 1 August 2024, 23:59 GMT.
- Once submitted, it will not be possible to make alterations to the abstract or list of authors.
- Abstracts will be considered by the Programme Committee, following which the presenting author will receive acceptance/rejection notification, and further correspondence as applicable.
- The Association will endeavour to notify success or failure of submissions as quickly as possible. Please refrain from telephoning the office for this information unless it is a matter of extreme urgency.
- Those authors whose abstracts are accepted must register to attend the conference and pay a registration fee, there is a discount so please contact the BAAPS office on email@example.com.
- Abstracts withdrawn from a meeting or not selected will NOT automatically be considered for the next meeting, but can be resubmitted.
- The abstracts chosen for both oral or poster presentations will be printed in the meeting programme.
- ONLY BAAPS Trainee Members will be eligible for the Michael Hackett Memorial Prize which allows a talk on the main meeting programme.
- Trainees will be eligible for the Poster Prize.
- All accepted posters will be displayed in an electronic format on screens at the event. Only the winner of the Hackett Memorial Prize will present on the programme.
- The Programme Committee prefers original work that has not previously been published.
- Preference will be given to abstracts which contain details of the objectives, the materials and methods employed, the key results and the conclusion and application of the study.
Should you have any questions, please contact the BAAPS office on +44 (0) 20 7430 1840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to Kirsty Smith, winner of the Hackett Memorial Prize 2023, and Haneen Abed, winner of the Poster Prize 2023.
Miss Kirsty Smith Miss Haneen Abed
Submit an Abstract